Monday, August 22, 2011

Back to School

It’s that time of year. The traffic in front of my house picks up as Moms drive past our house on their way to the neighboring school. The crossing guard takes up residency on the corner across the street and I have to be careful backing out of my driveway in the mornings and afternoons as a stream of yellow school busses are making their rounds.

Christian & Kevin are back to school as well as Alexis, Alyssa, Jared & Anna.
I started back to work at he school district last week but today was the big day with kids returning. It was also a big day for me because I started teaching early morning seminary. That’s right, 6:00 in the morning I greet about a dozen sleepy high school freshmen to study the Old Testament. I think of the opportunity as a great blessing to my life, but I am rather anxious. I so want it to be a good experience for the kids and well worth their sacrifice to be there. After only one day with them I can tell they are a good group. Can’t wait to know them better.

1 comment:

Rinez said...

Those are a dozen blessed kids to have you as their teacher!