Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Happy New Year!

December seems like a blur. I know I loved every minute of it. Looking back it feels like I landed back in LA from our visit with Tiffany greeted by one continuous motion of activity until this very Monday.

The Walkie Talkie Christmas party started the season’s festivities. This is our picture - cheerleader style.
The nativity festival, the First Presidency broadcast and hours spent on our stake Christmas program were packed into precious few days. A program at work I was in charge of as well as a report deadline were all part of the frenzy. Mix in visits with Blake, Sara & Jacob every chance we could find, a road trip to Utah and family gatherings to the calendar and it starts to get hairy.

Stephen & I celebrated New Years Eve with a nice dinner at Outback followed by two movies back to back. That was fun. We finished up the whirl with a wonderful trip to Fresno for Jacob’s blessing. It was a memorable weekend I will treasure. We had such a nice time with the kids and Sara’s folks the Termeer’s.




When we woke up Monday morning it was almost refreshing to get back to a schedule. The Walkie-Talkies have resumed our routine and Stephen, Sonnet & I have abandoned holiday treat eating for another season. Back to normal – normal is good.

4 comments:

Rinez said...

That baby boy is one beautiful kid! What a happy time! He looks so cute in his little outfit!

Diana and Gregg said...

Your grandbaby is adorable! Nothing is better than family. (and friends!) Love, Diana

Parks Family said...

Mom, you wrote out the second part to that song in the children's primary book you gave to me. We had the song on a tape or cd somewhere...Hilary Weeks maybe? The third verse sung together was just the second verse again with both parts, but I liked your written one as well. let me know if you want the music and I'll send you a copy.
Jacob is so cute! wish we could havve been there.

Anonymous said...

Your grandson is a cutie! I can't wait to meet him.