I just love our little Monica Ward Choir. I say little because when you only have seven to eight faithful attendees you qualify as small. Well, the last two weeks I have been looking through music trying to decide what we could sing on Sunday – Yes, we are scheduled to this Sunday and haven’t anything ready. We sang twice in December and I was out of town last week so we haven’t had time to rehearse something new. Also, ward conferences start up this Sunday and those responsibilities will pull one of our men away leaving us down to six or seven regulars.
I was at the piano writing parts for the primary song, “If The Savior Stood Beside Me.” I was hoping it would be a nice choice all the while knowing I couldn’t throw something so very unfamiliar at them. I put down the pencil, sat still for a moment then turned toward my music filing cabinet and opened one of the drawers. The files separated in the middle reveling an open folder. I reached inside and pulled out a piece of music. It was a familiar song we had not sung in ages. It is a simple yet beautiful SAB arrangement – totally doable. I am so very grateful for this tender mercy of intervention for our little choir. This answer may seem of little consequence and in the great history of the world it is; but in my life’s history it is a loving reminder that my Heavenly Father stands ready to help and bless me in all facets of my day and responsibilities. I thanked Him.
And while we are speaking of music, years ago I heard a second harmonious melody for the primary song, “I Wonder When He Comes Again”. Like many of the two part primary songs it is meant to be sung with the original melody on the first verse, the complementary melody for the second verse then combined as harmony for a third verse. I think I even taught the harmony to Walt Ray and sang a duet with him but that was a good 15 years ago. Anyway, I thought how nice it would be to sing that again. There was just one problem – I don’t have anything written down and have no idea where I heard it to begin with. I remember the melody so all I have to do is write it out but as far as words go……nothing comes to mind. There are only two verses to “I Wonder When He Comes Again” in the primary song book. So, I sat down to write a third verse and this is what I came up with:
I wonder when He comes again will all the earth rejoice.
Will nations turn their hearts to Him and list unto His voice.
Will justice reign, will peace abound as we receive His light.
Will leaders yield their will to His and govern all aright.
What blessings will be ours that day. Our meek humble prayer is,
“Oh Father send Thy loving Son we are waiting to be His.”
What do you think? I like it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Thanks for sharing your tender mercy from the Lord. I experience them all the time and wish I had noticed when I was young how much a part of my life he is. And Yes! I love your words to a third verse. You're so gifted.
Your third verse is beautiful. I really like it. I always admire ward choir directors...it's a tough job and I'm sure you are wonderful at it.
Love it! I am sure it will sound wonderful with your awesome choir! Go and check out my parents blog. They just set it up. davidanddebbiet.blogspot.com
Sorry, I read the first paragraph and the last. You should have your choir sing this in Sacrament meeting. It is a beautiful verse. :)
Post a Comment