Sunday, April 25, 2010

Hodge-Podge

So I thought I’d post what’s been happening lately. First, I just have to ask – is it too much to ask dressmakers to make modest dresses? I know this is the same question every mother with a teenage daughter asks and for good reason. We have been looking for bridesmaids dresses and believe me the pickings are slim. Forget it when it comes to a modest wedding dress as well. At least forget it unless you are looking at the few sites that cater to the LDS population. Even then you pretty much have a choice of short sleeve, scoop neck with a variety of skirt options. It’s not really a problem about the wedding dress because Sonnet has asked me to make her dress, however, she would like the sisters to be in matching dresses and it has become a challenge to find cute dresses to choose from. Sigh! Other than that, all wedding plans are coming along find and dandy.

Let’s see..….In March Stephen & I took a quick trip to Idaho for cousin Ray’s daughter’s wedding. It was a wonderful day in the Twin Falls temple.

We had a nice visit with his brother Rick & Connie who put us up for a couple days. Together the four of us even spent a few moments with his elusive brother Joe. Wish we could have had more time with them all.

We returned home just in time to dash across town for my brother Michaels wedding. It was a beautiful backyard affair consisting of family well-wishers.

Lately I am in program mode as rehearsals for the next stake program are in full swing. Stephen has a new ‘thing’. He has become engrossed with little camping stoves….oh wait…..Stephen is reading this and says I should call them ‘ultra-light alcohol backpacking stoves’. He spends hours in the garage creating the most efficient model. Happily constructing one, then testing it, then making adjustments, ever improving his design.

Saturday after the fabulous stake Relief Society meeting, Sonnet & I went to the coast for a friend’s wedding. Stephen had other plans – he had a meeting of priesthood leaders in Ventura with Elder Bednar. He got home from Ventura a few hours before we returned from Cayucos but was still riding high when I saw him. His meeting was four hours long and he loved every second of it. He & I are kinda quirky that way – we love church meetings. We love to listen to the Brethren.

Other than that life goes on as usual. We are patiently waiting for Joshua David Dunn to make his way into this world. Sara & Blake were due 4/21 but our little man is comfy and cozy right were he is I guess, because the doc says it might be another week.


That's all the news that is news....until next time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can go ahead and add Joshua's birthday today or tomorrow. She is being sent to the hospital now. So happy for sonnet. :) The picture of them is adorable! Good luck making her dresses!