Saturday, October 22, 2011

Ruth Emily Weaver

Sunday, October 16, 2011 4:00am.....Ring Ring.....What?.......Ring Ring.......Bunny,,(nudge, nudge) Bunny you have an alarm or something going off on you phone........(stumble to the phone).......it's Sonnet, Hello?

That's how our Sunday began - how about yours?  Over the next few hours we waited to hear back from the kids to see if, in fact, Sonnet was in labor and would be admitted to the hospital.  What a surprise that our little Ruth was on the way one month early.  Of course I did not go back to sleep but lay there trying to figure out what arraignments I needed to make for this unexpected and very spontanious trip to Arizona.  There was seminary to cover and projects at work to arrange for.  Christian called and confirmed that they would be staying in the hospital so I hopped out of bed and began throwing some clothes in a bag.

Bright and early I popped into my office and did a few chores setting things in order.  I was in the car and on the road by 7:00.  The miles flew by (at the appropriate speed but of course).  As the morning wore on to a more reasonable hour I began making phone calls from the car to schedule teachers for Seminary.

My main concern was to reach Sonnet in time to help with the birth, not that I would be indispensable, but selfishly I did not want to miss it.  As it turned out I made it with time to spare and at 8:18 with Christian on one side and me on the other we saw our beautiful little girl come into this world.  Sonnet was a trooper and Christian a very good coach.  Ruth Emily Weaver is adorable and despite her early arrival seems well and healthy.  Over the next two days she dropped too much weight and the doctors did not feel comfortable sending her home.  Finally, Thursday we got the green light and were discharged.  Isn't she cute!

5 lb 12 oz  19 inches

Too cute in my little elf hat



Hello my little cutie


My girls Sonnet & Ruthie
Lookin' a little tired but very happy
HAPPY FAMILY

Back home...relaxing and recovering


1 comment:

Rinez said...

Congratulations, Grandma and Grandpa. A happy story with lots of chapters ahead! Looking forward to having you back home!