Wednesday, October 5, 2011

A Road Trip and House Guests

Sonnet had a birthday and baby shower on the same Saturday so we took the road trip to Prescott to take in the festivities.



Sonnet & Christian are doing well. Christian is crazy busy with school, work, ROTC and Arnold Air Society. Sonnet has been feeling good and staying busy with substitute teaching. Also she has been working on the nursery for Ruthie.






We had a nice visit and were happy to see their new apartment. Only a little over a month and we will be back for the baby.




Back home we still are waiting for the insurance check to replace the stolen items and fix the front door. Oh well, patience is a virtue.


Sara and the boys are in California and rode the train down from Fresno to visit us. It was so fun to have them here.  I felt bad we were so busy though. With company in the house it sure made me realize how demanding our schedule is. It seemed Stephen & I were always running off to work, a meeting, studying for daily seminary lessons or just down right pooped out. Our day begins at 5:00, sometimes before for me, and by 9:00 we are dragging. Jacob & Joshua made it all worth while as they enthusiastically greeted us when we came though the door.




One of my favorite things that has happened this trip is what Jacob calls me. When I first went to Fresno for a Relief Society Saturday craft extravanza thing, I walked into the Termeer’s house. Jacob was with Debbie and she said, “look who’s here Jacob”. He said, “That’s Sunshine” She said, “Sunshine?” and he said, “yea, Sunshine”. I said that I have always held him in the kitchen by the mirror and sang ‘There is Sunshine in my Soul Today’. I started singing that and he said Sunshine Grandma. I love it. For the whole visit that is what he called me.




We did manage to make it to the fair. 




Joshua took all the animals in stride but Jacob was terrified. You could forget about the petting zoo – he didn’t want to have anything to do with those scary creatures. The further through the cows, pigs, sheep and rabbits we went the better he got and by the time we reached the ponies he was ready to take a ride.






Jacob had a great time in the midway loving the roller coasters and daring rides. Josh could care less about rides and had a good time just walking around taking in the sights. Grandpa was happy to follow his meanderings.




We went to Murray Family Farms and fed the ducks at Hart Park but pretty much we just played in the house and backyard.  One exciting thing for us was when Blake Skyped Sara and we got to see as well as talk with him.  He looks great!






Now the family is gone and we are back to ourselves.  Today is Stephen's 59th Birthday.  Wow we are getting old.  Happy Birthday my sweetheart.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to both! Wow, what a busy month its been for you guys! So glad Sara and the boys were able to come and visit. Great pictures! Congrats on your new little baby!!

Sonnet and Christian said...

I love those little boys. I wish I could have been there. Mom & Dad, thank you for coming out to see us. We will see you in November!

Rinez said...

Such wonderful family times! Sunshine Grandma - that fits you perfectly! Little children know! Yet again, I have to say those little boys are ADORABLE!