Oh, how I do enjoy a three day weekend. Especially if the third day is as fine and sunny as today. Sleeping in was of course at the top of my to-do list and I admit I hadn’t quite decided what would come next. Stephen, knowing my love of gardening, suggested I go to Home Depot and pick up a flat of flowers and spend a day planting. That did sound tempting. Stephen headed out to the side yard to continue a cleaning project he had begun on Saturday. I got as far as the back yard and never got further. Wow, had it been neglected. The pond alone was sorely overgrown not to mention the shrubs and trees. Hours of pruning, weeding, cleaning and clearing later, I feel such a sense of satisfaction. I absolutely love the piles of debris. They are monuments to my labors. I must admit I am pleased to have a gardener that will come Wednesday and clear it all away. The side yard, by the way, looks fantastic. Stephen has taken two trailer loads to the dump. Ahhhh… spring cleaning is so refreshing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I need to get to my yard; just not quite ready to leave my inside projects!
Post a Comment