Friday, August 31, 2012

Great Day in the Morning!


What a great day it is already and it is only 8:00 in the morning! This morning Stephen and I finished reading the Book of Mormon together for the umpteenth time. Moroni’s promise of revelation to the honest seeker is just as true to me today as it was 39 years ago when I first read the words. Book of Mormon - Mormonism,
By 5:30 I was out the door to seminary where I was greeted by my wonderful seniors.  I absolutely love my mornings with them.  Wow, their combination of dedication to God, obedience to parents and self-discipline over tired bodies is impressive.
but not of the world.
After the closing prayer, three of the Walkie-Talkies came through the door following their morning walk. We shared exuberance reflecting on the recent Republican Convention. The speakers were Outstanding! Ann Romney, Nikki Haley, Susanna Martinez, Marco Rubio, Chris Christy, Condelezza Rice, Paul Ryan and Mitt Romney were the ones I have watched so far. Stephen DVRed the entire convention and we plan to watch the other speakers which I understand were equally inspiring. The Republicans, my party, are putting forth a strong ticket this year. I have confidence the Romney Ryan ticket can win the opportunity to tackle some of our nation’s serious problems. I feel they will influence for good the fiscal, moral and social quandaries of our day. I think we are truly at war for the heart and soul of this country and my prayer has always been that the will of the people will choose leaders pleasing to God and sensitive to His influence. A few weeks ago my friend Gaye said she is praying for an honest election. I thought that was important and have now added that specific plea to my own prayers. I ask that any evil plans or designs in the hearts of men to dishonestly corrupt this election might be thwarted and that the accurate voice of our nation’s citizenry might be heard. I have every confidence that if we have a tamper free election, conservative thought will prevail and carry the day.
Paul Ryan (R., Wisc.

2 comments:

Connie de said...

Amen!

Rinez said...

Well said! So glad you are loving seminary!