Sunday, June 29, 2008

Man Down

Saturday morning I was enjoying the rare luxury of a lovely sleep in when the phone rang about 8:40. Actually I had been up since 8:20. Anyway, there I was walking around in my robe when the phone rang. It was Stephen. He had been up and out the door at 6:30 for a bike ride. Well, apparently 38 miles into his ride he had a nasty fall. Off I go to pick him up. I found him bloody and scraped but not broken. If you have known Stephen very long, you know that is really saying something. He has had more broken bones and surgeries than most. He is a mess but very happy the bike did not suffer any major damage.

I got him home and straight into the shower. He is a better man than me because even with the pain he scrubbed away at the raw skin just to make sure it was dirt free. He has disgusting road rash and a huge goose egg the size of a cantaloupe on his hip.

At church today his bandages were oozing, oh well, I’m just glad there is a dry cleaner around the corner. Poor guy, he is very sore. We had planned to take the bikes to Tahoe this week – we’ll see.

2 comments:

Parks Family said...

Dad! be fearfull!

Coz Anita said...

This blogging stuff is crazy - I just left this long awesome message but lost it in the proccessing to have a name and account. I am 8 weeks past knee replacement surgery and doing great. We have moved to South Seattle last summer and have a bed for any wonderful guests coming to visit our beautiful city. If you want to buy a home here we have a lovely a4 bedroom place for sale and would love for someone to take it off our hands. Let us know what you are up to.!!! Love to All from the Webbs and Webbletts