Why do things have to change all the time? There are things like makeup and shoes that I really like just the way they are. They feel right and look good then for some unknown reason a manufacturer goes and changes them. What’s the deal? Take my Mary Kay foundation for example. I liked the sleek pink oval case and round powder pack. Why did they change the case to this oversized bulky black square thing containing a square applicator pad? Whose idea was that? I can understand if they wanted to expand their line to include a new format – nothing wrong with that, but the tragedy is that they do not even offer the old style anymore! It wasn’t like it was not selling. Where is the suggestion box? Urggg!
Don’t get me wrong. I can be flexible, I can try new things. Take M&M’s for example. The ever popular M&M’s recently added two new flavors to their lineup. They are great! I highly recommend the new pretzel M&M as well as the coconut M&M. The key word is that they added to their product not replaced. Plain and peanut M&M lovers need not despair.
Oh well, my little rant is over. I guess I will just shop for a new foundation and remember there are much more important issues of the day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I know what you mean! My favorite workout sweats have been discontinued by Nike. Why?? Another item that I really, really miss is my West Bend kitchen timer. I'm not the only one who doesn't like their new replacement. Many people have said they like the old one better. I believe in building a better mouse trap, but when you already have a great product, why try to reinvent the wheel. We consumers should unite. I think if we contact the ACLU about this blatant discrimination we might have a good case for a lawsuit.
Almost every lipstick,fingernail polish, etc. that I come to love gets discontinued or Target quits carrying it and I can't find it. I get sooooo frustrated just like you. Why can't they just leave things as they are?
I feel your pain over and over again. I wonder who decides to change things? At any rate, you hit a nerve as you got Gaye to write! That's a huge change! Tee Hee!
Mom-you kill me.
Post a Comment