Sunday, August 22, 2010

More Change

What was that I was just saying about change?
OK, so sometimes change is not overrated, sometimes it is just timely. Today Stephen was released from his calling as a Bishop after almost 8 years. What a myriad of emotions this evokes in each of us. When President Russell gave him a few minutes to bear his testimony he stood and eloquently expressed his love for the members of the ward, and the Savior. Stephen has known he would be released for one week and during that week has busied himself with the task of cleaning out files and drawers all the while reviewing the names and lives of those he was called to serve. Statistically he shows numerous weddings, 17 funerals, 21 missionaries amid 7 counselors. However, numbers never add up the tears of emotion and joy or, measure the love that is experienced through the call. As ever we look forward and welcome with all our hearts our new Bishop Holladay. Personally speaking, I am so grateful to have in my life faithful priesthood holders who accept these calls to serve. This selfless giving of their very lives to God is humbling to behold and worthy of emulation. I am inspired by the faith that prompts it and the testimony that sustains them. As for Stephen, more change is coming as we see what the Lord has in store next.


3 comments:

Rinez said...

Beautifully said, as always! I can relate to the range of emotions you are both experiencing today! Aren't we so blessed to have the church and to rotate in our callings in order to serve and in order to learn and grow. There aren't words to describe our love for you Dunns. May the Lord bless you in all way you need.

Parks Family said...

That is a great picture of dad. I'm sure he wont be callingless for long.

Diana and Gregg said...

you do have a way with words. I am thankful for the blessing you helped me realize with my friend Valerie. I'm sure many lives have been touched by your years of service to the Lord. Can't wait to see what's next!